The Point

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Slim

For those of you still dropping by on this little blog about books and freedoms looking for more information about Ross Moroz's death last week, hello. I would add that I wish we could have met under better circumstances, but perhaps no other circumstances would have brought us together.

The funeral was apt. His sister spoke very eloquently about what kind of man he was, and wanted us to be. A few notes rang untrue, to my ears, in other parts of the ceremony, but then I guess none of us really knew the whole Ross. If you haven't heard, his alleged underground campaign to make Four Strong Winds Alberta's provincial anthem goes on strong.

[Edit: Aiya. This isn't a tabloid, thanks for the reminder, Misha. To clarify for readers: yes, he did fall. No, I do not know how or why.] I just never really imagined using a venue for my rantings on novels and photo contests and climate change to talk about the stuff that I can't hide behind witty banter to avoid being too intimate about. I'm not shy to admit pageviews to this thing have gone up about 1000% in the last few days. But there are other places he'll be written about. Places where you'll have a better chance to hear Teenage Wasteland again.

Probably the last you'll hear about our friend on here, then. For those of you who missed the service, it was a full room. Standing room only, yes. But filled with many other things too.

Labels: ,

posted by Christopher at 3:48 a.m.

7 Comments:

I'm floored. Thank you for letting us know though - not that it makes this any easier...
Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 03, 2007 10:59:00 a.m.  
Chris,

If you are going to continue discussing my brothers' death on your blog, I would just ask that you do so with respect and dignity to his memory. Any "rumors" will hit the ears of those who will repeat without clarification or thinking of the consiquences. Remember that though Ross was very much in the public, his deserves privacy as much as anyone, especially in his passing.

Misha
Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 03, 2007 5:25:00 p.m.  
Ross would also want people to know the title of the song is Baba O'Riley.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:49:00 p.m.  
he did fall? what the hell are you talking about! stop the rumours Chris
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:48:00 p.m.  
Agh! Who is this! Please leave a name or send me a private message, my magic marker of editing does not compute around the anonymous comment. Please?
Blogger Christopher, at Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:54:00 p.m.  
oh man. i'm in mourning.
what happened? how is it possible that ross is gone?
Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:32:00 p.m.  
Know, at least, you're not alone. I wish I had the answers for you, friend.
Blogger Christopher, at Friday, December 14, 2007 2:19:00 a.m.  

Add a comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.